March 23, 2021
Botanical Facts - Our Preservative
Join us for another episode of Botanical Facts! This week, we're talking about how we make our products safe and effective, while still maintaining their eco-consciousness and suitability for most skin types.
What is it?
- Our preservative was chosen with safety and sustainability in mind, and contains several common skincare ingredients like salicylic acid, and sorbic acid.
- It’s an ECOCERT certified product, meaning it’s safe for the environment, and is certified by an external review for consistency and reliability.
- It’s not tested on animals, nor does it contribute unwanted carcinogenic contaminants to our products, like formaldehyde or parabens.
Why use it?
- Cosmetic products that contain water or may come into contact with water need a preservative to give them a shelf life and keep the product from going bad.
- There are lots of harsh preservatives being used in the cosmetics industry that can cause issues for sensitive skin, and are not great for the environment, or animal life.
- Our blend is great because it is certified by EcoCert and is free of parabens, formaldehyde, and isothiazolone.
- We can be confident that our products will be safe, and effectively preserved, without worrying about customers with sensitive skin, or sustainability issues!