Our FW19 Launch comes with a slew of new ingredients and actives. One of the ingredients that got more than its fair share of use in the new products was Green Tea Extract. This antioxidant rich extract is derived from the leaves of the Tea plant, and is a heavy hitter for both skin and hair.
What's it good for?
Green Tea Extract can be used for both skin and hair. For skin, Green Tea Extract's potent blend of antioxidant Catechins and polyphenols, as well as other actives like caffeine, allow it to help:
- diminish the signs of aging,
- calm irritation and evens skin tone and discoloration,
- repair damage,
- decrease the appearance and occurrence of blackheads,
- eliminate dead skin, dirt, bacteria, and other grime on the skin’s surface,
- decrease puffiness, and reduce the appearance of dark circles
The end result of these activities is skin that looks younger, brighter and with more even tone. If that wasn't enough, Green Tea Extract also has non-cosmetic benefits as well. It can help to moisturize, stimulate circulation, and regulate sebum production, meaning that problem skin like oiliness and dryness are dealt with.
Used in hair, its ability to enhance elasticity makes Green Tea Extract a great ingredient in hair care products. It also works to gently cleanse the scalp, soothe dryness, fight dandruff, fortify the strands, support and stimulate growth, and enhance luster.